usa-reise.de Forum

Autor Thema: Hunts Mesa  (Gelesen 3563 mal)

Red Rocks

• Gast
Hunts Mesa
« am: 08.03.2007, 08:56 Uhr »
Ihr Lieben,
wer von euch war den schon auf Hunts Mesa im Monument Valley???
Und wie habt ihr das angestellt??
Navajo als Guide immer mit dabei-
oder gar den Fotografen,der auf der MV Homepage seine teuren Dienste anbietet
oder gibt es doch die Möglichkeit auf Hunts Mesa zu gelangen und oben zu nächtigen ohne vorher einen Kredit aufnehmen zu müssen???
 :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz: :kratz:
An einer Nacht da oben wär ich schon sehr interessiert.Nicht wegen der Nacht aber das Licht am frühen Morgen:schwärm... :daumen:
Bitte auch nicht vergessen die Kosten zu erwähnen!

Schönes Fernweh
Heiko (Astronaut)

christianp

• Bronze Member
Re: Hunts Mesa
« Antwort #1 am: 09.03.2007, 08:57 Uhr »
Hallo Heike,

ich hatte es letztes Jahr auf dem Plan, aber leider war es nix wegen dem
Wetter.

Letztendlich ist es nur als geführte Tour machbar, da Navajo Land hier noch die
Info die ich 2005 einholte

In  fact we went to Hunts Mesa on 5/15.

Hunts Mesa is inside the Monument Valley Navajo park which is inside the Navajo Nation (an American Indian reservation and probably the largest one in the USA). If you are not a registered Navajo you can not travel inside the Navajo nation except for on public roads and marked areas (like cites/towns, hotels etc). In fact, you can not travel more than (I believe) 100 meters of the public road without being with a Navajo since most of the Navajo Nation is private property. For example, inside the Monument Valley you must pay to drive the 18 mile loop trail and you can not get out and walk around off the trail more that 25-50 meters (they give you the rules when you pay to enter the area). Most of the really good photography areas inside Monument Valley are on private Navajo land so you must hire a licensed guide such as Tom Phillips. He charges $200 (US) at day per person or $100 a half day per person for normal guide service. Hunts Mesa is an over night trip which he charges $225 per person. He gives you dinner, breakfast and drives you to/from the location. It takes 2 1/2 hours on that dirt 4-wheel drive road you see on your map. The last 5 miles (8 Km) takes over an hour and is very rough. I think it is wel worth the cost and teh trip to see it. I want to go back again :)

Here is his web site and I really recoomend him. Most of the professional photographers use him since he is teh best one there:
http://www.monumentvalley.com/Pages/english_homepage.html

Gruss
Christian