usa-reise.de Forum

Autor Thema: Kindersitzpflicht im Womo  (Gelesen 2841 mal)

Hagen99

• Gast
Kindersitzpflicht im Womo
« am: 27.06.2004, 16:47 Uhr »
Hallo,

ist es Vorschrift, dass Kinder (unsere sind 7 und 9) im Innenraum des Womos auf den Sitzen an der Dinette auf einem Sitzkissen sitzen müssen. Hier gibt es doch immer Beckengurte und durch die nicht vorhandenen Kopfstützen wäre eine höhere Sitzposition doch eher gefährlicher, oder ?

Vielen Dank für Eure Antworten,

Hagen

Twin

Re: Kindersitzpflicht im Womo
« Antwort #1 am: 27.06.2004, 21:52 Uhr »
Hallo Hagen,

für unsere erste WoMo-Reise im April 2003 (Florida über Chicago nach NY / Kids waren 6 Jahre) habe ich das vom Reisebüro klären lassen.
Die Antwort von EL Monte war sinngemäß folgendes:

"I am not sure of the specifics. Due to the tonnage and classification of our motorhomes, the legal requirements are different.

for istance...
By law only those riding in the driver's cabin are required to be in seat belts. those riding in the living cabin area are encouraged to wear seat belts while the vehicle is in motion but, due to the tonnage and classification of our motorhomes, are not legally required to. Even though many motorhomes accommodate passengers in places where safety belts are not required by federal law, if the area has a safety belt, wear it.

I would not worry too much about it. the child should probably not be placed in the front passenger seat. However, I would think that long as the child is over 4 years and 40 lbs and is in a seat with a safety belt while the vehicle is in motion, there should not be a problem.

If it is a great concern to them, the clients can ask the staff at the location for directions to where a Booster Seat can be purchased.

Sorry we could not be of more help. Have a great day."

(Den Text habe ich geringfügig gekürzt)

Wir hatten keine Kindersitze, ich bin auch der Meinung dass man auf diese als Tourist (entsprechend zurückhaltende Fahrweise/selten Großstadtverkehr)bei den Verkehrsverhältnissen in USA guten Gewissens verzichten kann (never in Germany :wink: ).

Sichere Reise
Twin
We miss Amerika